Backroad Connections provides consultancy and services on the planning and implementation of new technologies with a particular emphasis on community renewable energy.
Now based in Hobart and working on:
- Microgrid assessment project for Tasman Peninsula Power
- Tasmanian Renewable Energy Alliance: representing the solar industry in Tasmania and other distributed renewable energy projects.
Previous Tasmanian projects:
- The Tastex community solar project in conjunction with the Corena Fund
- A national project on feed-in tariff methodology
- Valley Community Power: an investigation into the feasibility of urban based renewable energy projects based on the Waterworks Valley in Hobart.
- Save Solar Tasmania: working with Solar Citizens to advocate for fair treatment and reasonable feed-in tariff for solar PV in Tasmania.
Previous projects and activities are described in the archive section.